Saturday, May 12, 2007

My Google Rank

Finally my blogging has paid me off. Well, not in the monetary sense! The rankings of my blog page have improved somewhat both on Google as well as on Yahoo search. Sometime last year I had googled my name and the first result turned out be about a professor from IIT Chennai. My page was not even listed on the first page of search results (but not too bad, it was on the 2nd page).

Today, just out of curiosity I googled again and to my surprise I found my blog page to be at No 2 in Google's search results (it was at no 4 in Yahoo's). And I surpassed that IIT Chennai link too. Thanks to all those who visit my blog and probably link it to their web page. I did not know that people might be interested in my crazy ramblings so much so as to improve my page rank.

But I need not be complacent about it either. I still have to make my page on No 1. Looks like I need to work pretty hard and deliver some good writing on my blog (this entry was a bad try at it... ha ha...).

2 Comments:

Blogger Vijay said...

Yo! congrats dude, my page always comes first for a long time :D

4:03 AM  
Blogger unfuel the planet said...

thanks for dropping by at my blog...
and congrats for cracking the code of how to improve the rankings in search engines.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home